- General Information
- Senior Fundraiser
- Remind Messages
- Class of 2021 Course
- AP Tests
- Financial Aid
- Cap and Gown
- Essay Contest
- College and Career Exploration
- Senior Year College Prep Checklist
- College Application Types: What’s the Difference
- Women Empowered Fall Zoom Workshop
Click here for more information.
Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Test (ASVAB) will be offered in Memorial's Library on Friday, November 6th for seniors at 8:40 a.m. E-mail Mrs. Baker if you are interested in taking the ASVAB.
Sign up on Remind to get text message reminders about important class events. Text 81010 with the message: @gb98gd3
Enroll in the Class of 2021 Canvas course for information about senior year, Jostens, post-high school opportunities, FAFSA, ACT, SAT, ASVAB, and other important information. Use this link to enroll on Canvas.
- Zoom link for weekly Senior meetings is posted on Canvas under “Announcements”
- Read the announcements in Canvas for important information and upcoming events
- Read the Modules titled “Post High School Opportunities” for videos and information from military recruiters, college recruiters, and Tech school recruiters. Since we cannot have an in person college fair this is how you will get information for your future.
There are three parts to complete to register for your AP Exam(s):
- Complete this Registration Form
- Pay exam fees by December 20th on the RevTrack site (link provided in letter below) unless applying for payment plan. If you need help paying for your AP Lit test please contact Mrs. Baker.
- Be sure you completed the TPS Lunch Application for this year to see if you qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch Status - it could bring your cost down to $10/exam.
- Wichita State University Scholarship Brochure
- College Board Opportunity Scholarships Program
- COVID-19 Changed Our Finances: How to Get More Financial Aid
The 2021-22 FAFSA is here! The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is to receive scholarships, grants, and other financial aid in college.
- Start your FAFSA here: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- More information about the Oklahoma College Assistance Program (OCAP): https://www.ucango2.org/
- FAFSA resources, including educational tools and tutorial videos in English and Spanish: https://www.startwithfafsa.org/
- Check out this resource created to help you file your FAFSAs successfully FAFSA Fundamentals Powerpoint for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Use this link to get instructions on how to complete your 2021-2022 FAFSA.
- Access Passcode: Memorial20!
- TCC Education Outreach Center FAFSA Workshops
- Every Wednesday in October, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Here are a few tips for you:
This year students can access the FAFSA by visiting FAFSA.gov or by using the myStudentAid mobile app. The FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible after Oct. 1 to ensure priority consideration for some types of financial aid. It’s best to gather all necessary materials before starting the FAFSA. Since the 2021-22 FAFSA allows applicants to use 2019 tax information, families can use their 2019 return to complete the application right away! There's no need to wait.
To complete and submit the FAFSA online, students and one of their parents will each need to create an FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID) at FSAID.ed.gov. This username/password serves as an electronic signature on the FAFSA and certain student loan applications, and allows them to access other federal student aid websites. It’s beneficial for families to create their FSA IDs before starting the FAFSA to speed up the application process. Visit UCanGo2.org to download an FSA ID Worksheet (in English and Spanish) to keep track of your information.
Upcoming FAFSA events: , go to www.fafsatulsa.com or click the corresponding links below:
FAFSA LIVE STREAM – October 6TH 8:30-9:30 AM. Students will participate in an interactive livestream about financial aid. During the livestream, students will hear from a panel of professionals talking to All things Financial Aid. We will use the questions submitted by students last week to guide the conversation. We will also use Menti to poll students live. For schools with advisory times outside of 8:30-9:00 your students will watch a recorded version of the panel using the same link!
If you have questions about FAFSA or college application info please contact your counselor:
- Jasmine Newton: Last name A-G: email@example.com
- Karen Ward- Last name H-O: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sherri Kerpan- last name P-Z: email@example.com
Order graduation cap/gown/announcements from Jostens.
Jostens Tulsa Office
1640 S Boston Ave, Tulsa, OK 74119
- All essays must be submitted by October 31, 2020
- 1st place wins $2,000, 2nd place wins $1,500, 3rd place wins $1,000
- Contact info: (405) 348-7500 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essay topic: How does social media influence our politics today? Give specific examples and explain how social media is helping or hurting American politics.
- OSU Institute of Technology is hosting our annual Career Encounters event on Tuesday, October 13th and this year the event will be going virtual.
- They will offer program tours, demonstrations, information sessions, live Q&As, presentations, campus tours, and more!
- Pre-Registration is required for this event.
- This is a free event that they can view at their leisure on the event day.
- Registration can be found at admissions.osuit.edu/register/CE2020.
- Contact: Scott Wood, 918-293-4995, email@example.com
- TU is hosting a virtual TU Up Close event for high school juniors and seniors and you are invited to attend, as well. Virtual sessions will be set up throughout the day and all will be recorded so you can pop in and out of events as you wish. There will be discussions on academic programs, interdisciplinary opportunities, financial aid, diversity and inclusion and much more. Register here. We hope you are able to join us!
- As a reminder, students who start their application by November 1 are eligible for a $50 application fee waiver. We hope you will encourage your students to take advantage of the offer.
- We are hosting visitors on campus! Students will hear a brief admission presentation, take a campus tour and meet one-on-one with a faculty member (per availability). Students can register for a daily visit at utulsa.edu/visit.
- We also have many virtual opportunities for students including Q&A sessions with current students, Admission 101 webinars, a virtual Admission Presentation that includes a Q&A with a University Ambassador. There are also academic webinars by major and financial aid panels planned for October. All of our virtual events can be found at utulsa.edu/visit. Registration is required.
- The Special Programs Application is open to students who have completed their TU application and submitted their test scores and transcripts. Students can apply for the following programs with this one-stop-shop application. Learn more here. The deadline to apply to one or more of these interdisciplinary programs is January 15.
- Contact: Max Thorpe, 918-417-1605 (text), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video about TU: https://youtu.be/c63JCTjJtzc
- Application for TU: https://www.utulsa-info.org/web/
- Register for a Campus tour: https://admission.utulsa.edu/visit-campus/
- October 23rd from 2:00-4:00: Wichita State University on campus outside event called Shock Walk: https://slate.wichita.edu/register/shockwalk
- To apply: https://wsu-info.org/go/split.htm
- For more information about Wichita State University contact Jerome Bennett: (316) 669-3531, email@example.com
- Video message from Recruiter Sergeant Awe: https://goguardok.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Awe.mp4
- Contact: Sergeant Awe, (918) 409-4713 (call or text)
- Information about the National Guard: https://youtu.be/c0aPTBy0MpA
- University of Arkansas Fort Smith
- Contact: Raneisha Lewis, 479-788-7134
- University of Central Oklahoma
- Contact: Jerisha Ogletree, firstname.lastname@example.org, 405-974-2794
- Instagram: @ucojerisha
- Video about UCO: https://nv.instructuremedia.com/fetch/QkFoYkIxc0hhUVNsSlUwS01Hd3JCNDdKZ1Y4PS0tN2NkODYzZDQ1MTE0ZTk3OTAyZDRiNGYzOGI4NzMwMDc4YzBjODBlOQ.mp4