Address: 5840 S. Hudson Ave. Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135 | Principal: Rebecca Grooms | Phone: 918-833-9600
Memorial Chargers are a living part of a proud tradition.
On March 25, the Oklahoma State Board of Education voted to approve State Superintendent Joy Hofmeister’s recommendation to implement a continuous learning plan without reopening school buildings. This means that while instruction of students resumed remotely on April 6, school buildings will NOT reopen this school year. Information about distance learning can be found at tulsaschools.org/distancelearning.
Note from the principal
Class of 2020, we have exciting news!
We will have a drive-up graduation on Thursday, May 21st! The district is still considering an in-person graduation later this summer but for now we wanted to make sure to honor and celebrate our 2020 grads as we wait on that decision. In an effort to keep everyone safe, we have strict guidelines for how our drive-up graduation will take place so please follow the processes below:
- Drive-up graduation will take place at Memorial High School in front of the Veterans Arena beginning at 4:00pm
- Students whose last names begin with A-G will participate from 4:00pm-5:15pm
- Students whose last names begin with H-O will participate from 5:15pm-6:30pm
- Students whose last names begin with P-Z will participate from 6:30pm-7:45pm
- Students should wear their cap and gown to the ceremony unless they are borrowing a cap and gown from the school
- Students borrowing a cap and gown will be provided one at the ceremony
- Graduates will be required to stay in their vehicles until it is their turn to receive their diploma cover
- Parents who wish to attend are encouraged to ride in the same vehicle as their graduate but if this is not possible, parents will be parked in specific places and be required to stay in their vehicle until it is their student’s time to graduate
- Seniors will utilize the SOUTH entrance to the main parking lot
- Several stations will be set up on the pathway to the graduation area such as name card area, cap and gown borrowing, and technology drop-off
- Students should remain in their cars at all times until they arrive at the designated area
- If students borrowed a Chromebook and they are not participating in summer school, they need to drop-off their device at this time
- Seniors will be instructed to pull in front of the Memorial Veterans Arena
- When it is their turn to “walk,” seniors will get out of their car and walk to the first landing
- For those who need assistance, there is a ramp with wheelchair access
- Seniors will place their name card on a desk and their name will be read
- Seniors will pick up their diploma cover and pose for a picture
- When instructed, seniors will turn their tassels
- Only during this time, families of the graduating senior may exit the vehicle but must stay behind the roped off area to take a picture
- Seniors and their families will return to their vehicle and leave campus
- There will not be any place for congregating on campus for family pictures
- There will be a school photographer and a professional photographer taking pictures
- School photographs will be used to create a virtual graduation presentation
- Professional photographs will be available for purchase
- If you have any questions email Mrs. Baker firstname.lastname@example.org
...and finally, we have decided to allow seniors to decorate their caps!!! (only students that purchased their cap)
Summer AcademySummer School is offered through the district and students are pre-enrolled. Parents/guardians need to go online and confirm enrollment.
Q: Who will be able to enroll in Virtual Summer Academy 2020?
A: Current High School Students in grades 9-12 who need credit recovery in order to ensure on-time graduation and students in 3rd grade who are at risk for retention due to requirements related to the Reading Sufficiency Act.
Q: What are the dates for Virtual Summer Academy?
A: SENIORS ONLY: Senior Boot Camp begins on June 1 and will run through July 17. Students will exit the program once requirements are completed.
A: Summer Academy will be June 22-July 17 for all other participants.
Q: How do I enroll my child in Virtual Summer Academy?
A: We are automatically enrolling all qualified students for Summer 2020. Please complete the Registration Survey to confirm your child’s enrollment. You can find it at tulsaschools.org/enrollsummer. You will use this survey to confirm your enrollment and request technology assistance.
- Shamya Yearta and Darrien Anderson
- Cale Bethel and Juan Arellano-Acosta
- Kendrick Smith and Skylar Perry