The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT), cosponsored by the College Board and the National Merit Scholarship can be taken to:
- Prepare for the SAT
- Enter Competitions for Scholarships from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- Receive Information from Colleges
- Begin College and Career Planning
- Help Assess Academic Skills Necessary for College-Level Work
The PSAT/NMSQT is the qualifying test for National Merit Scholarship Corporation's scholarship and recognition programs test. As the test is timed and scored differently from the ACT, it is not a test designed to help students be more successful on the ACT that students will take in their junior year.
The next test will be given at Memorial High School on Wednesday, November 2, 2016, from 9 am to approximately 12 pm. All Sophomores and Juniors will take the PSAT.
If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Quale-Piper at (918) 833-9643.
Day of Test Information:
- Students will report to the Cafeteria at 8:45 am.
- Students should bring several #2 pencils, a calculator and their Memorial School ID Badge.
Online Preparation and Resources can be found at the links below:
Sample Questions and Practice Tests